NFF General Assembly endorses candidature of NFF President Amaju Pinnick for election into CAF Executive Committee.
The Nigeria Football Federation has endorsed the candidature of it’s president, Amaju Pinnick for election into CAF’s executive committee in the NFF’S end of year 72nd General Assembly held in Lagos Sunday.
The General Assembly addressed so many issues affecting the football house and Nigerian football and a communique of the assembly was released to the public through the NFF’s official website, the NFF.com. Read the full communique after the cut…
1) Congress commended President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) and the Federal Government as a whole for the prompt action taken to pay players and officials of the Senior Women National Team, Super Falcons their entitlements for winning the 10th Women Africa Cup of Nations Finals in Cameroun.
2) The General Assembly endorsed the new Boards of the Nigeria National League (NNL) and the Nigeria Nationwide League (NNWL) as constituted by a Selection Committee. The Boards of the two Leagues were immediately sworn in.
3) In order for Nigeria Football to align itself with the FIFA Integrity Initiative, Congress adopted the NFF National Integrity Initiative Strategy, as proposed by the NFF Integrity Unit.
4) General Assembly also adopted the Disciplinary and Ethics Code of the Nigeria Football Federation as proposed by the Executive Committee.
5) The Congress expressed satisfaction with the explanation provided by the Executive Committee on a number of issues raised by the Minister of Youth & Sports (Barr. Solomon Dalung) at the opening ceremony (division within the Board, FIFA Audit Query and late submission of memos), and submitted that the Minister was misinformed about the activities of the Board.
6) Congress noted the submission of the Executive Committee that at no time previously (official or unofficially) did the Minister raise these issues with the NFF leadership to obtain clarification, which the Federation would have gladly provided, just as it did to the House Committee on Sports during a recent sitting on its budget performance and budget proposal. Indeed, the audited account of the Federation for the year, as audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers, an internationally reputable audit firm, was presented and adopted at the General Assembly.
7) General Assembly empowered the NFF Executive Committee to provide detailed explanation to the Office of the Honourable Minister on all the issues raised and to publish them as a matter of public records, for the avoidance of doubt and for information of the general public, NFF partners and sponsors.
8) The Chairman, House Committee on Sports praised the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation for various achievements recorded during the period and urged them to remain focused to ensure Super Eagles qualification for 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
9) The Congress expressed appreciation to the Lagos State Government and the Local Organizing Committee for the successful hosting of the Beach Soccer Africa Cup of Nations staged by Nigeria – 13th – 18th December, 2016. The body also thanked the Secretary General of FIFA, Mrs Fatma Samoura for attending the championship.
10) Congress elected Alh. Musa Duhu, Chairman of Adamawa State Football Association, to join the NFF Executive Committee from the North East geo-political zone, following the demise of Alh Hussaini Modibbo, Member from that Zone. Duhu was the only candidate for the seat and was declared “worthy and credible” by the NFF Electoral Committee.
11) The General Assembly passed a Vote of Confidence on the NFF Executive Committee, and also endorsed the candidature of NFF President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick for election into the CAF Executive Committee at the CAF Congress in Addis Ababa in March 2017. Congress called on all Nigerians to give him total support as it is not an NFF venture, but a Nigerian Project.
This post first appeared on Linda Ikeji’s Blog. Read the original story here.
CATEGORIES Entertainment Gist
TAGS Suya Seller Stripped N*ked and Paraded in Enugu After Being Caught Using Charm to Steal Meat (Photo)