Rivers Rerun: Killers of police officer DSP Mohammed Alkali arrested
The high powered investigation team set up by the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni and saddled with the responsibility of investigating the circumstances surrounding the gruesome murder of DSP Mohammed Alkali in Rivers State during the December 10, 2016 re-run parliamentary election has had a major breakthrough with the arrest of the principal suspects listed below:
i. Noble Nwaerema ‘m’
ii. Dike Deinpiribo ‘m’
iii. Valentine Alalibo ‘m’
iv. Onwunari J. Warmate ‘m’
v. Iloke Stephen ‘m’
2. Upon further interrogation of the suspects, it was discovered that they were active members of the group that gruesomely murdered DSP Alkali Mohammed in cold blood on the 10th of December, 2016 in Rivers State.
3. This vicious gang doubled as political thugs who were part of the group recruited by Politicians from Rivers and neighboring States to scuttle the December 10, 2016 re-run parliamentary election.
4. The suspects have confessed to the crime and are cooperating with the Police to recover the severed part of the slain officer. Investigation is on top gear to rescue the missing orderly to the murdered officer and recover the police vehicle that was snatched during the incident. The suspects were also found out to be linked to the leader of a major political party in the state.
5. The Inspector General of Police is hereby soliciting for information,support and cooperation of the good people of Rivers State in apprehending the remaining members of the gang who are more likely to cause further harm to security personnel and innocent citizens.
6. However, the Nigeria Police Force is determined to ensure that gangsterism, cultism and sponsored political assassinations become a thing of the past in Rivers State and Nigeria at large.